My experience with stereotypes



Stereotypes and gender roles are discussion topics at the national level, and more than talking about what each one is about, I want to tell you a personal experience.

I think I told them in a publication that I practiced basketball, there came a time when I was called to tests in the national team, but to go to them I had to miss classes, so together with my mom we went to ask for permission to the direction of my school, to avoid future problems, and his response was unusual: 
"we can not give permission to go, only men have permission, women are not trained to practice sports professionally, if you want to do it you don´t have our support". 
At that time I realized the large number of stereotypes that exist, clearly presented myself equally for the tests, no matter what they told me.

How can we ask for a more just, egalitarian and equitable society, if from education we are not capable of demolishing stereotypes? That is why the latest mobilizations seem really necessary, it is not possible to stereotype or force us to behave in a certain way just because are women or men. The discussion is necessary, to realize the inequalities that exist both in terms of income and conditions, stereotypes, of the ideas imposed by society, and of the many changes that are necessary

We are all capable of doing what we set out to do, and we all have the same rights!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite technological object

Post IX

A photograph and its story